MHSD #193 Driver Education Information
Steps to sign up for Mtn. Home Driver Education.
1. Fill out the application below and submit.
2. Pay the $165 fee to the high school or on the Webstore.
3. Request a VOC from the school you are attending. (IF you attend the high school request at the same time you pay your fee.)
4. Purchase your permit at the Elmore County Driver's License office, $26.50
. Student must be at least 14 years 6 months to purchase a permit.
Take the following with when you purchase the permit:
- Certified state birth certificate
- Social Security card
- Picture identification
- Receipt verifying payment of the $165
- Letter of verification (VOC) from your school
Students are placed into drivers education classes after the final step of purchasing the permit has been complete. Classes fill up quickly. Once a class is full your name is moved to a waiting list or a different class. Notifications about classes will be emailed to the students. (Letting you know if you are in the class, on the waiting list or asking if you would like the next class) Thank you,Denise Nicholas-Sandberg
Office Hours Mondays and Wednesdays 3:00-4:00. (My full time position is teacher)
Summer office hours will vary. MHHSDrEd@mtnhomesd.orgAFTER the 6 months of practice with parent/guardian, please contact one of the following to schedule your driving test:
* Times will vary and will be limited to a maximum of 10 hours of class/week and 3 hours of in-car instruction/week.