Mountain Home School District History
Where our District Began
The Elmore Board of County Commissioner minutes, written in long hand, note that the County Commissioners met in special session on the "11th day of February, 1918, for consideration of the following matters, to-wit: …for consideration of petition for the creation of an Independent School District - District Number 6." Present were George E. Butler, chairman, John F. Gaines and F. E. Wilson, commissioners.
Mountain Home's First School
A two-room frame building was constructed in about 1886 on the site where the brick Central School would be built in 1905 (4th street between Jackson and 2nd North).
In about 1905, a new brick schoolhouse was completed.