Central School

In about 1905, a new brick schoolhouse was completed.  This two-story building housed the elementary grades on the first floor and the high school classes on the second.  Each floor consisted of four rooms.  This new building required a superintendent and seven teachers.

 In 1916, the back part was added to accommodate the high school and a third floor, which provided for a gym where school plays and basketball games could be played. 

"In 1942, the gym was no longer considered safe, and the third floor was removed and the whole building, remodeled, putting in new windows, refinishing the walls, adding a lighting system, renewing floors where necessary, and calcimining [plastering] them throughout."