MHSD #193 Driver Education Information
Steps to sign up for Mtn. Home Driver Education.
1. Fill out the application below and select Done to submit.
2. Pay the $175 fee to the high school or on the Webstore.SAVE your receipt, take a picture of your receipt or save the receipt number. I will request the receipt or receipt number when I email the student the invitation.
3. Request a Verification of Compliance (VOC) from the school you are attending. (IF you attend the high school request at the same time you pay your fee.)
4. Purchase your permit at the Elmore County Driver's License office, $26.50. Student must be at least 14 years 6 months to purchase a permit.
Take the following with when you purchase the permit:
- Certified state birth certificate
- Social Security card
- Picture identification
- Receipt verifying payment of $175
- Verification of Compliance (VOC) from your school
Students are placed into driver education classes after the final step of purchasing the permit has been completed. Classes fill up quickly!
Notifications about classes will be emailed to the students. (Inviting you to the class or options if the class is full.)
Office Hours Mondays and Wednesdays 3:00-4:00.
Summer office hours will vary.
Driver Education Email MHHSDrEd@mtnhomesd.org
DO NOT sign up for a Driver Education class if you are planning to participate in a sport that occurs at the same time or going on vacation.AFTER passing driver education and the 6 months or more of practice withparent/guardian, please TEXT one of the following to schedule your driving test:Mr. Paul Schaufele 208-936-5092Ms. Britani Christiansen 208-696-4277
Driver's Education Schedule
2023-2024Start DateLast of May-June 2024Aug-Oct 2024Oct-Dec 2024Jan-March 2025 March-May 2025Classes held after school during the school year.
Students are placed in class only after all the steps have been completed.Drive schedules selected the first day of class.Drive schedules will vary!