Dear Hacker and Junior High Parents,
I would like to take a moment and touch base with you as we start to approach fall sports. Below is information about the athletic packet and how the school will be handling it, along with some reminders about the athletic department. You will be able to find calendars of scheduled events, updates, handbooks, and print outs on our Jr. High sports webpage.
The athletic packet is available to fill out on the Parent Portal section of Power School. When filling out the packet, Power School will have entered most of your demographic information for you. All you need to do is verify that it is correct. You will be able to update the athletic packet starting August 3rd. The directions on how to get to the packet are as follows:
- Log into the Parent Portal of Power School
- Click on “Athletic Forms”
- Click on “Athletic /Activities Packet - Grades 5th-12th only”
- Fill out all the necessary information
- Insert digital signature and submit
Physicals will still need to be filled out separately by a physician. You can get the form through Power School or the Jr. High web page. Please remember that 6th- 8th graders only need one physical on file while participating in Jr. High athletics and activities. Physicals need to be turned into the Jr. High Office. Athletes are ineligible to practice and/or participate until a physical is on file.
Students who are in 6th grade may participate in Cross Country, Wrestling, and Track and Field. Students in 7th and 8th grade may participate in Cross Country, Volleyball, Football, Girls Basketball, Wrestling, Boys Basketball, and Track and Field. A copy of the physical form can be downloaded from the link above this page. Below is information about where physicals can be completed for free!!
Desert Sage Health Center
Please call for an appointment.
All student athletes will be required to have weekly progress reports. If at any time a student has a report with one (1) or more F’s, they will be ineligible until they have passing grades on a progress report. Any student that has been suspended will not be eligible to participate in the next event. This includes in school and out of school suspensions.
A student must be in attendance half (four class periods) of the school day of a contest to participate. Truant or suspended students are not allowed to participate or practice. This counts as an unexcused absence. Any student that is not in school the day of the contest is not allowed to be in attendance during the contest.
A student must purchase an Activity card in order to be eligible to participate. Hacker students may visit the Jr. High Office to have one made.
All spirit packs will be purchased through the Jr. High office or through the webstore that is posted on the specific sports web page.
A student must have ten days of practice prior to the first interscholastic athletic competition in the sports season. All participants involved in athletics or activities must attend practices on a regular basis in order to participate in competition. One unexcused practice absence, the athlete may not participate in the next event. Two unexcused practice absences, the student may be dismissed from the team.
The Intervalley League will follow the Idaho High School Activities Association (IHSAA) rules, regulations, and guidelines unless otherwise determined by the Intervalley League.
You can find a copy of the athletic packet and the InterValley League Guidelines on the Jr. High web page.
The first days of practice for the 2023-24 Jr. High sports are as follows:
- Football will practice at the high school from 3:15-5:00 Monday-Friday. The first day of practice is August 14th. Gear will be handed out on August 11th at 5:30 pm at the High School Gym.
- Volleyball tryouts are August 14th - 16th from 3:15-5:15. The 8th graders will try out at Mountain Home Junior High, 7th graders will try out at Hacker Middle School. Practices will be from 3:15 to 5:15 Monday - Friday.
- Cross Country will start practice on August 15th. Practice is Monday-Friday at Eastside Park from 3:10-4:15. Grades 6th -8th may participate.
- Wrestling will be practicing at Bennett Mountain High School gym. The first day of practice is October 9th. Practice is Monday- Friday from 3:30-5:30. Grades 6th -8th may participate.
- Girls Basketball tryouts are Oct. 9th - 11th from 3:15-5:15pm. Tryouts will take place for the 7th graders at Hacker Middle School; 8th grade at Mountain Home Junior High. Once teams are established, 8th grade teams will practice at Hacker Middle School; 7th grade teams will practice at Mountain Home Junior High. Practices will take place at 3:30 to 5:30, Monday - Friday.
- Boys Basketball tryouts are January 8th-10th from 3:05-5:15 7th grade teams will practice at Hacker Middle School; 8th grade will practice at Mountain Home Junior High.
Track and Field will begin on March 11th, 2024
6th - 8th graders interested in participating in track and field please meet your coaches at 3:15 at Eastside Park. Practices will run from 3:15 to 5:00. Please bring workout clothes and a water bottle. Before you can begin practicing, you must have a physical on file at the junior high office and the athletic paperwork filled out and turned in as well. If you have any questions, please call the junior high office or contact Mr. Schamber - email@example.com
- Track and Field will start on March 14th. Students will practice at East Side Park. Grades 6th -8th may participate. Daily practice time will be from 3:30-5:30, Monday-Friday.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. I look forward to working with you all. Thank you for your time and Go Tigers!
Mountain Home Junior High